Friday, April 1, 2011

A Second Witness

Many people today wonder why we need the Book of Mormon when we already have the Bible. But the Book of Mormon in a second witness that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." (2 Corinthians 13:1) The Book of Mormon is an ancient record written by prophets on the American continent. It goes from 600 B.C. to 400 A.D. There were prophets both in Israel and in the Americas that testified of Jesus Christ. We believe the Bible is the word of God and The Book of Mormon only supports the Bible. It helps us know how to interpret the Bible and expounds on doctrine that the Bible only mentions briefly. And most of all, it shows God's love for all of His children.

"Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?
"Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.
 "And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever". (2 Nephi 29:7-9)
I know that we are all children of God. And reading the Book of Mormon has helped me draw closer to Christ and feel His love for me more than anything other book. I know there is power in the Book of Mormon because it is the word of God. It can change lives. I know it has for me. And I'm grateful that God loves us enough to give us another testament of Jesus Christ to help us strengthen our relationship with Him and understand His plan for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment